This is one of the football drills for kids that I recommend. It is a favorite with the players and the skill improvements speak for themselves.
Drill: Bear Crawl/Crab Crawl Fumble Drill
• Have two lines
• One football player from each line does a Bear Crawl or Crab Crawl (both lines does the same crawl).
• The football coach throws a ball in the air.
• When it hits the ground the players can get up and run to the ball.
• The first player to the ball picks it up and runs back from where they originally started from (the finish line).
• The other player must tackle the player with the ball before he reaches the finish line, if not, he does 5 push-ups.
Positive: I get a good response from the kids, they enjoy this football drill.
Negative: The only problem with this drill is it does not teach the kids to drop on a fumble.