The above video discusses the “step over” pee wee football drill for linebackers. It’s a terrific drill for improving upon your players’ agility.
The step over drill can either go straight down a flat surface, or it can be done in a downhill area.
The keys to this pee wee football drill include:
- First, get in a hit position.
- On the coach’s command, move your feet.
- Then quick step over the dummies.
- Never cross over your feet.
- Do not stand up while performing this drill.
- Stay square to the line of scrimmage.
- Do not look down.
- Move your arms and hands for balance.
- Stay on the balls of your feet.
- Be quick but very under control.
If your players follow these tips and key points, then they’re sure to get a lot out of the step over pee wee football drill.
If you enjoyed this video, be sure to “Like” my Facebook page for more coaching tips and pee wee football drills.