1 Football, 6 Cones, Agility Ladder, Tape, 4 Agility Bags or Pool Noodles
Stops & Starts – 3 Circuits
- Line up 5 cones in a straight line, 5 yards apart.
- Line up at 1st cone.
- Start off by sprinting forward to 2nd cone, then backpedal to the 1st cone.
- Sprint up to 3rd cone and back pedal back to 1st cone.
- Continue until you have sprinted to and from each cone.
Ring Drill – 3 Circuits
- You’ll need 3-4 hula hoops. You can set them all up separately, or have a two hoop circuit.
- The first player in line will sprint forward, and then lean over to put their hands down on the ring as they run around in a loop.
- Players should be focusing on getting a good lean and staying balanced and in control.
Ladder Hops to Carioca – 3 Circuits
- Set up an agility ladder on a flat surface. Or create your own using chalk or tape.
- Place a cone 20 yards from the end of an agility ladder.
- Player starts at opposite end of ladder standing parallel.
- Player begins by hopping laterally in and out of the ladder, working his way through each square from one end to the other.
- At the end of the ladder, player will carioca as fast as they can to the cone then carioca back to the ladder.
- Player finishes rep by jumping back and forth through the ladder back through to the start.
WR Footwork Drill – 3 Circuits
- You will need 6 cones.
- Set the first one up, then 5 yards downfield and to the left, place another.
- Place another 5 yards to the right of that cone, and another 5 yards in front of that cone.
- Finally you will place 2 last cones, one 5 yards to the left, and one 5 yards in front of that 3rd last cone.
- Player will begin at first cone.
- Player starts by using footfire or a juke to get away from press.
- Player then runs a slant to the 2nd cone.
- Player will then cut downfield running to the 3rd cone.
- Player will then cut outside, sitting down and facing the ball at the 4th cone.
- Next, player will explode downfield again, make a in breaking cut at 5th cone and explode towards 6th cone.
- At 6th cone, player will make a double move and then run a deep post around the final cone.
- If playing with a partner, receiver will make a catch after running past last cone.
Shuffle and Switch – 3 Circuits
- Lay down 4-6 agility bags or pool noodles, 2-3 yards apart.
- Start at one end with a football in hand.
- Begin by accelerating towards the bag, make a move and jump cut out to the left.
- Accelerate forward to the next bag, then shuffle across the face of the bag keeping your shoulders north/south.
- As you come to the end of each bag, explode forward, then cut back inside switching the ball over to the outside hand.
- After reaching the last bag, explode forward another 5-10 yards.
Cone Agility Drill – 3 Circuits
- Place 4 cones in a box shape 5 yards apart and line up at bottom right cone.
- Start off by sprinting up to the top right cone, go around, and sprint diagonally to the bottom left cone.
- Round the bottom left cone and sprint to the top left cone.
- Round the top left cone and sprint back to the bottom right cone where you started.