To work on footwork, agility and develop ballhawking instincts.
- The defensive backs will form a line 5 yards in front of the coach, who will have a football in hand.
- The DB will keep his eyes on the ball in the coach’s hand.
- The coach will lead the DB with the ball, with first movement signaling a snap and for the DB to get into a backpedal.
- Next, the coach will point to the right, and a DB will plant and shuffle to his left.
- Lastly, the coach will throw a pass at a 45 degree angle over the head of the DB – as soon as the coach begins his throwing motion, the DB will open their hips and break on the ball, intercepting the ball.
- Make sure to alternate directions and ball placement to keep players on their toes.
- Make sure players stay low and keep their eyes up on the coach.