To teach lineman how to fire out and drive low and in control.
- You’ll need a barrel or a large garbage can.
- Have the player get in 3 point stance directly in front of the barrel.
- On the coach’s signal, the lineman will fire out and fit up on the barrel.
- If performing the fit correctly, the player should slide the barrel back without knocking it over.
- If a player knocks the barrel over, it is because they are hitting the barrel too high.
- They need to spread their base and keep their hips low as they fit up onto the barrel – they need to focus on keeping their center of gravity underneath them.