To work on reaction time and improve catch radius as well as body control.
- Line up 5 cones in a straight line.
- Stand 10 yards from your partner with your back towards them.
- Partner starts with a football.
- Start off looking over your left shoulder, with the passer just in the corner of the receiver’s peripheral vision.
- Partner will make a pass, aiming for a spot just off the right shoulder of the receiver.
- As partner releases football, receiver will snap over to left shoulder, locate the ball and make the catch.
- Repeat, making 10 catches on each shoulder.
- Once players have become comfortable making catches, you can increase the challenge by increasing the distance or speed of the passes, or asking the receiver to catch with one hand.