To get defenders reps reacting to and dealing with a variety of blocks in a game-like situation.
- Have three offensive linemen get down in stance, with a defensive lineman over top of the middle lineman.
- You’ll also need a coach to stand behind the defensive lineman.
How it Works
- The coach will signal to the offensive linemen what kind of block to perform – drop into pass, zone block, combo – whatever you like.
- The defender must then recognize the type of block and then defeat it to get into the backfield.
- For an extra challenge, see if the defender can shout out the kind of block the offense is performing as soon as they see it. You can even get teammates in on the drill – this is a great way to reinforce communication between players!