High Knees Drill
In this drill players should focus on keeping their knees high and on maintaining good balance.
- Place six “sausage-style” bags anywhere on the field. The coach should be standing to the side near the last bag.
1. Coach says “Go.”
2. Players run through the bags, stepping over each bag with high knees.
3. Coach flashes a number with his hand as the players go through the bags.
4. Players call out the number they see.
5. Players clear the last bag and explode upfield.
Flashing a number during the drill will force players to keep their heads and eyes upfield.