To teach defensive players how to sink their hips and react to a WR.
- Have players pair off with players of similar speed and size, and have the defensive player line up 6 yards off the line of scrimmage with both players in stance.
How it Works
- On the coach’s signal, the WR will fire off the line towards the defender, with the DB backpedaling along with him.
- The WR will breakdown, sink his hips and chop his feet every few yards.
- The DB will react and sink his hips along with the WR.
- Once they’ve gone 20 yards down field, have the players switch positions and repeat the drill coming back down the other way.
- The WR should also occasionally break in or outside, forcing the DB to stay alert and react.