To teach and reinforce the proper blocking technique when In pass protection.
- Have players get into groups of three, with each group grabbing two blocking shields.
- The two players with shields will stand arms length away on either side of the blocker.
- On the coach’s signal, the blocker will punch the bag on his left, immediately retract the punch, reset, and punch the bag on his right.
- The player will continue, alternating bags for 30 seconds or until the coach’s whistle.
- The two biggest keys to delivering a strong punch, are for the player to pivot his feet, and keep his thumbs up and his elbows in. This will allow him to maintain a powerful base and stay in a low, strong athletic stance without losing balance.