In today’s video blog post, we are demonstrating a great running back drill called the “Pyramid” course.
Running Back Drill: The “Pyramid” Course
Coach uses a pyramid course to work on body control in catching. Use body control and switch directions quickly, then throw the ball back and get up field to catch the deep ball.
Breaking down the “Pyramid” Running Back Drill:
- The running back crosses to the right and catches the ball, then immediately throws it off to another person standing at the right.
- The running back then crosses back to the left and catches another ball being thrown to him, and again throws it off to a person standing on the left.
- The running back then goes deep to catch a final throw.
- You are going to purposely make them catch the ball over their shoulder by throwing the ball deep and over their shoulder.
- The running back will go up for the ball at its highest point.
- Keep the ball close to the body and focus.
Looking for more great running back drill suggestions? Then be sure to check out my Online Football Drills video series, which contains more excellent running back drill tips and much more valuable information and techniques, all with video demonstrations! And don’t forget to Like the Football Tutorials page on Facebook!