To teach players the proper technique when it comes to sinking the hips to change direction.
- Have the players form a line, and place a cone 10 yards downfield in front of them.
- Starting from an athletic stance, the player will sprint downfield towards the cone.
- As they approach the cone, they will chop their feet, sink their hips, plant, and touch the cone with their inside hand.
- They will then push off, and explode for 5 yards at about a 45 degree angle back towards the line of scrimmage.
- To add an extra layer to the drill, have either a coach or a quarterback stand 5 yards behind the line of players and throw a pass to the player after he has made his plant and cut back to the ball.