To work on straight line speed, acceleration and deceleration
- Line up 5 cones in a straight line, 5 yards apart.
- Line up at 1st cone.
- Start off by sprinting forward to 2nd cone, then backpedal to the 1st cone.
- Sprint up to 3rd cone and back pedal back to 1st cone.
- Continue until you have sprinted to and from each cone.
- This drill can also be done with either a side shuffle step or carioca step.
- Make sure runner keeps their hips low, head up, and maintains control as they change direction.