To teach players how to read and react to the defense to find open seams in the defense.
- This drill can be done a variety of ways, from 3 on 3 to 6 on 7 and everything in between.
- Other than offensive and defensive players, all you’ll need is a football.
- This is Ultimate Frisbee, with a football. players are attempting to get to the end zone, but they are only allowed to take a maximum of 2 steps after catching the ball, and can only hold it for 10 seconds.
- The ball can be passed any direction, and offensive players can go anywhere they want on the field. The only rule defensively is that defenders cannot come closer than an arms length from the football.
- If the offense makes it to the end zone, they get 7 points, and offense to defense flips going down the other way.
- Make it clear to players that this drill is not a race. The focus is on warming up and running with control and pace.