To work on pass rush moves & finishing the play in a game-like situation
- Have five offensive linemen line up over top of five defensive linemen
- Place a tackling dummy 5-7 yards behind the offensive line, with the coach 3-4 yards behind that dummy
How it Works
- Before the play begins, the coach will point at one of the defensive linemen.
- The coach will then signal the snap of the ball, with the defense exploding off the line towards their corresponding blockers.
- Every player except the player selected by the coach will stop after the initial burst.
- The player who was selected by the coach will continue and try to beat his matchup and sack the quarterback before the 4 second countdown is up.
- Ideally players will line up in their natural positions – the defensive ends on the outside, tackles on the inside – but the most important thing is getting players reps above all
- Great drill for players to work on expanding their pass rush repertoire and experiment with new moves they might not have the confidence or experience to try in a real game situation