To improve a quarterback’s footwork and ability to locate his target and make an accurate throw under pressure.
- Line up two hula hoops 3-5 yards behind you, one yard apart.
- You’ll also have two receivers (or targets to simulate receivers) 10-15 yards downfield on both the right and left.
- Quarterback snaps the ball, then takes a 5-7 step drop.
- On the last step, quarterback will turn around, rotating 180 degrees so that he is now facing upfield.
- Coach will identifies receiver for quarterback to throw to, who makes a strong accurate throw. If practicing alone, quarterback can pick his own target.
- Players should stay poised in the pocket and use sound footwork to open the hips, stay balanced, and release the ball quickly and confidently.