To teach and reinforce correct tackling fundamentals, good footwork, and a nose for the football.
- You’ll need 3 agility bags, 3 cones, and a standup dummy.
- Place the three agility bags 2-3 yards apart, and 5 yards downfield, place the cones in the shape of a triangle with each cone 5 yards apart.
- Lastly, the dummy bag should be 5-7 yards downfield from the last cone.
- The first player in line will get down in a 3 point stance. Use a football as a visual signal for the defensive lineman to get off.
- The defensive lineman will explode through the agility bags getting his knees up high, then breaking out to the first cone, going around all three.
- Lastly, the player will sprint for the dummy bag and attempt to perform a strip on the ball as they sack the dummy bag.
- Much like the RB Gauntlet drill, you’re free to create any combination of obstacles in the defensive linemans path that they need to avoid to sack the QB.