This drill is designed to improve a quarterbackâ€™s ability to move up and back and side to side on the football field.
- Place four bags together on the field so that they establish four areas or quadrants. Coach should be nearby to call commands.
- Coach says â€œGo.â€
- Coach points the direction he wants the quarterback to slide â€“ up, back, right, left.
- Quarterback slides until coach says, â€œThrow.â€
- Quarterback sets and throws to the coach who flashes his hands to create a target.
- Â The quarterback needs to keep his eyes upfield
- The quarterback should keep the ball right off his shoulder shelf
- The quarterback should maintain a slightly forward lean. Many quarterbacks make the mistake of standing straight up or even leaning backward, which can slow them down because theyâ€™ll then need to get into a forward lean position to make a football play.