To work on short area agility and explosiveness.
- Have the players form a single file line.
- Place a cone 5 yards directly in front of the line, and another 5 yards to the right of that cone.
- On the coach’s signal, the first player in line will sprint forward 5 yards, then turn and sprint another 5 back to his starting point.
- The player will then sprint forward back up to the cone, looping around and taking a right.
- The player will run around the far cone to the right, come back around the close cone, and sprint through the start line to finish the shuttle.
- When skill players are doing this drill, you can add in a cone touch as well to increase the difficulty.