To build agility, balance and lower body strength
- Have a partner loop a resistance band or rope around your waist and stand behind you.
- Create a diamond shape using 4 cones placed 5 yards apart.
- Assign a number to each cone from 1 to 4.
- Begin 5 yards behind the first cone in an athletic stance.
- Partner calls out a cone number – ‘for example: Two! – cueing player to explode forward to that cone, break down and stop.
- Player backpedals back to starting position.
- Partner calls out next cone, repeat.
- Continue for 1 minute, take a 30 second rest and continue.
- If you don’t have a partner or resistance band, set up the same cone pattern on the side of a steep hill. The incline will create extra resistance you need.