This is a great drill to work on lateral quickness and speed conditioning.
- Get in good athletic position with knees bent and back flat.
- Partner stands at your side and holds a belt you have wrapped (and securely fastened) around your waist.
- Begin sliding in one direction.
- Partner holds belt and resists your motion for three to four steps and then lets go.
- Continue sliding for 10 yards.
- Down is one repetition.
- Do 3 sets of 3 reps in each direction.
- Make sure to work both directions equally.
- When sliding go heel to heel, don’t cross your feet.
- Don’t reach with the heel, stay on the front part of the foot and push to the side.