Muscle contraction for explosiveness and quickness
- Strap some type of harness around your upper body.
- Have a partner hold the harness and pull against you as you sprint.
- If you don’t have a partner you can tie the harness to a tire to provide resistance.
- Start standing tall with good posture.
- Lean forward and then explode into a sprint.
- Run for 15-20 yards.
- Run down and back.
- Then remove the resistance and run free down and back.
- One down and back with resistance and one down and back free equals one repetition.
- Complete 3 sets of 3 reps
- Resistance should be moderate, not heavy.
- Focus on maintaining good running technique.