To get players loose and work on their ability to accelerate, decelerate, and change direction under control.
- Setup 6 cones – form a square with the first 4, and then place two more in a line coming out of the circle, as seen in the illustration below.
- Players will form a line at the first cone.
- The first player in line will begin by sprinting to the first tire to the 2nd, and then reach down with his inside hand to touch the side of the tire as he runs a full circle around that tire.
- He will then continue forward to the next tire, running his hand alongside it as well as he sprints around.
- Make sure players aren’t letting their feet drift out from underneath them – this will throw off their center of gravity and increase the likelihood of a slip or stumble.
- Players should have a ball in the opposite hand as the one touching the tire as they run.