To emphasize the importance of good footwork and keeping your eyes on the football.
- You will need 4 blocking shields and 4 cones.
- Spread the 4 cones out with about 5 yards between them and place a blocking shield in front of each one.
- The players will get in stance with their heels on the blocking shields.
1. Before the drill begins, indicate which direction the initial read step will be to.
2. On the coach’s signal, the players will all take an initial read step to the right.
3. The coach will then point in a direction and the players will continue to move wherever the
4. After about 10 seconds, have them finish with a sprint past you, and bring the next group in.
sure to never cross their feet – this goes for every direction, but is especially important when
moving side to side.
should be able to explode in any direction at a moments notice.
we will not be incorporating backwards movement into this drill.