This drill works on lateral agility, balance and explosion.
- Set up an agility ladder on a flat surface. Or create your own using chalk or tape.
- Place a cone 20 yards from the end of an agility ladder.
- Player starts at opposite end of ladder standing parallel.
How it Works
- Player begins by hopping laterally in and out of the ladder, working his way through each square from one end to the other.
- At the end of the ladder, player will carioca as fast as they can to the cone then carioca back to the ladder.
- Player finishes rep by jumping back and forth through the ladder back through to the start.
Here are some alternate ways you can do this drill:
- Forward facing hops through the ladder
- High knees through the ladder
- One footed hops through the ladder
- Sprint down and back instead of carioca
- Shuffle down and back instead of carioca