To work on pursuit and tackling form in the open field.
- Setup 4 cones, all 10 yards apart.
- Have the LB’s form a line on one end, with the ball carriers on the other end with a football in hand.
- The coach will stand behind the LBs, in view of the RBs.
- The first player in line will step up and beginning running forward.
- The LB will step up stay square. After the RB has run about 5 yards the coach will direct the runner either right or left.
- The LB will then close in and tackle the ball carrier before they get past the cones.
- The key is for the LB to keep his feet moving and stay focused on the players torso – you can’t juke with your hips!