To teach defenders how to attack the ball as they make the tackle.
- Have players break off into groups of 3 – a passer, a receiver, and a defender.
- The defender line up overtop of the receiver, and the passer will stand at the LOS.
How it Works
- The passer will snap the ball, and the receiver will run a simple 5 and out.
- The passer will hit the receiver with a pass – and as the receiver is catching the ball, the defender will close in and attempt to strip the ball out of the receivers hands.
- As the defender closes in, he should reach out with the top arm and club down hard over the receivers far shoulder and through the catch hand.
- With his back arm, the defender should reach down and pull on the near arm of the receiver.