Play Type: Linebacker Drill
Teach runners to attack the hole and drive hard, and teach tackling positions to read a ball carrier and stop the attack.
Players in two lines, facing each other 5 yards apart, one line with the ball for running, the other line as tackling. Using cones, coach makes two Lanes for the runner.
- Coach stands behind Tackler and using hand, directs the Runner back and forth along his position.
- Runner follows coach’s movements.
- Tackler follows runner’s movements.
- Runner attacks the lane at coaches signal.
- Tackler tries to stop the runner.
Runner must move quickly in the direction signal by coach, and tackler should keep the feet moving after initial hit.
Want to see more content like this? Check out the Football Blueprint mobile app today! It's packed with 198+ drills and plays, a simple Playbook Designer tool, and a Practice Builder to save you hours of prep time.
Click the App Store or Google Play button to get the free download now. Or visit FootballBlueprint.com for more info!