To give players the chance to work on running routes and throwing passes in a semi-live situation.
- The QB, a C, and 5 WRs will go up against a team of 7 defenders.
- The offense will huddle up, call a play, and then come to the LOS.
- The C will snap the ball, and the QB will attempt to hit an open man.
- There is no pass rush – all 7 defenders till play in coverage, allowing the QB to focus solely on reading the coverage and making the right throw.
- Make sure to switch up your defensive coverages – Cover 2, Cover 1, Cover 3, etc. – it’s important the QB and WRs get used to running their routes against a variety of defensive looks.