Helps players develop their 90-degree cuts, which are beneficial for out routes and other common receiving routes.
- Set six cones anywhere on the field.
- Four cones should be set up in a straight line five yards apart.
- Cone 5 should be directly across from cone 2 and cone 6 should be directly across from cone 3.
- The coach says “Go.”
- Player runs from cone 1 to cone 2 and makes a 90 degree cut to cone 5.
- He makes another 90 degree cut at cone 5 and runs to cone 6.
- He makes another 90 degree cut at cone 6 and runs to cone 3.
- At cone 3, he makes another 90 degree cut and turns upfield running past cone 4.
- Be sure to run the drill in both directions.
- Again, make sure players are keeping their weight over their knees, that they are pumping their arms when running and that they are making, sharp cuts with the outside foot at the cones.