To improve agility and footwork on the most common and useful cuts WRs will be using in their route tree.
- You will need 6 cones.
- Set the first one up, then 5 yards downfield and to the left, place another.
- Place another 5 yards to the right of that cone, and another 5 yards in front of that cone.
- Finally you will place 2 last cones, one 5 yards to the left, and one 5 yards in front of that 3rd last cone.
- Reference the diagram for a simple illustration.
- Player will begin at first cone.
- Player starts by using footfire or a juke to get away from press.
- Player then runs a slant to the 2nd cone.
- Player will then cut downfield running to the 3rd cone.
- Player will then cut outside, sitting down and facing the ball at the 4th cone.
- Next, player will explode downfield again, make a in breaking cut at 5th cone and explode towards 6th cone.
- At 6th cone, player will make a double move and then run a deep post around the final cone.
- If playing with a partner, receiver will make a catch after running past last cone.
- This drill can also be done with either a side shuffle step or carioca step.
- Make sure runner keeps their hips low, head up, and maintains control as they change direction.