To works on a receivers ability to come back to the ball, find a throwing lane, and catch the ball.
- You will need a football, a dummy bag and a QB, as well as a line of receivers.
- They will set up just outside the bag, on the line of scrimmage with the QB.
- On the QB’s signal, the WR will release off the line, before breaking down and coming back tight around the bag towards the QB.
- The QB should anticipate the throw, releasing while the WR is still behind the bag.
- The WR will locate the ball, make the catch and turn up field.
- If you don’t have a standup dummy bag, you can use anything – a garbage can, a human pylon, it doesn’t matter.
- Make sure to run this drill to both sides, so that players get used to getting open on either side of the field.