To enforce the importance of isolating the hands and get players comfortable making catches from unfamiliar angles.
- Lie down on your back and have your partner stand a couple yards away with a football.
- Partner will begin to circle around player on the ground, throwing a pass after his 2nd step.
- Player catches the ball, and immediately tosses it back to his partner, who will continue to circle around, throwing a pass every 2nd step.
- Partner circles around for 2 sets – 1 clockwise, and 1 counterclockwise.
- For an extra challenge, have the receiver lie down on his stomach and flip over onto his back and make the catch on his partner’s signal.