To teach players how to slide and pick up a defender on the move to protect the QB.
- You’ll need either cones or agility bags to create two lanes, each with a player holding a blocking shield at the end of them.
- The blockers will all line up 3-5 yards away from the first lane.
- On the coach’s signal, the blocker will step up into the first lane and meet the blitzer, delivering a strong two hand punch on the numbers.
- The player will then backpedal, slide, and meet the second blitzer as they come through the 2nd lane.
- Make sure to work this drill coming from both sides.
- The blocker must maintain a low, powerful base, allowing them to deliver a strong block and stay balanced.