To get players reps taking a handoff and exploding through the hole and out into the 2nd level of the defense.
- You’ll need 2 cones, a dummy bag, a broom stick (or something you can make a light horizontal barrier out of), 3 defensive players, a QB with a ball, and a line of ball carriers.
- 2 of the defensive player will line up 5 yards after the first cone, holding the broom stick at a height that will force the RB to run low.
- The dummy bag will be another 3-5 yards downfield, with the third defender 3 yards behind the bag.
- The last cone will be down about 7 yards after the dummy bag.
- The QB will snap the ball, pivot and hand it off to the RB.
- The RB will take the handoff, staying low as he runs under the first obstacle.
- He will then break either left or right off the dummy bag and try to beat the last defender to the last cone.
- Make sure to emphasize that the RB run low, keeping his eyes downfield and keeping the ball secure.