To teach and reinforce the ability to catch the football away from the body with the hands isolated
- Players pair off, grab a football, and stand about 10 yards apart
How it Works
- One at a time, players throw a series of passes around the “clock“, starting off with a pass directly above the players head and then moving around in a circular fashion as though the player were a clock.
- The player will throw 5-6 passes to go around the clock once with his partner, then switch roles from passer to catcher and continue the drill.
- Players should try to form a triangle, leading with their index and thumb fingers to create a pocket for the football.
- You can also adjust the drill by having the player stand perpendicular to his partner, creating new catch angles by going around the clock sideways!