To work on conditioning and agility.
- Setup 5 cones – 4 forming a square, each 10 yards apart, with the 5th cone in the middle.
- Players will form at the bottom leftmost cone.
- On the coach’s signal the first player in line will sprint up to and around the first cone.
- Still facing the same direction, they will now shuffle to the right to the 2nd cone.
- After going around the 2nd cone, the player will backpedal at an angle towards the cone in the center, loop around, and continue backpedaling to the 5th cone.
- One more time around that cone, with the player finishing by shuffling left back to the cone they started at.
- Have a coach or extra player stand in front of the cones with a ball in hand – you want to get players not only agile, but agile and aware of what’s going on the field!