To teach players how to track the ball and make the catch on deep throws.
- Have the WRs line up about 8-10 yards away from the sideline.
- The QB will be in the center of the field, with a bucket of balls.
- On the QB’s signal, the WR will explode of the line, running a streak route.
- The QB will throw the deep ball, looking to drop it in over the WRs outside shoulder.
- The WR will then make the catch and sprint all the way through to the goal line.
- After the players are familiar with the drill there are two more wrinkles that you can add: the first is a DB playing active defense.
- The 2nd wrinkle is that this is a great drill for working on corner and post routes as well as the streak!