One good football offensive line drill to do is ball punches.
- Use some heavier balls (ten pounds or so) that will over train the hands.
- Tell your guys to put the heavy ball out in front and punch it to the partner right across from them.
- They should be in a good body position where they have the knee inside the foot, 80% of the weight inside, and the shoulder should tilt to protect from the rusher, etc.
- You never want your guys to bring their hands to their chest—if they do this, they won’t have the extension to keep the defensive linemen at bay.
- You can work in kick sets with the ball punches to add even more to this football offensive line drill.
** Unless you break it up and do some different drill work, you’re going to tire out your offensive line.
If you think your players will benefit from this football offensive line drill, be sure to subscribe to my RSS feed so you never miss a blog post or video!