One good offensive line drill to do is ball punches.
- Use some heavier balls (ten pounds or so) that will over train the hands.
- Tell your guys to put the heavy ball out in front and punch it to the partner right across from them.
- They should be in a good body position where they have the knee inside the foot, 80% of the weight inside, and the shoulder should tilt to protect from the rusher, etc.
- You never want your guys to bring their hands to their chest—if they do this, they won’t have the extension to keep the defensive linemen at bay.
- You can work in kick sets with the ball punches to add even more to this football offensive line drill.
** Unless you break it up and do some different drill work, you’re going to tire out your offensive line. This drill provides a way to work on blocking without heavy contact.