To teach offensive lineman how to sustain and finish their blocks on a pass play.
- Set up a dummy bag, and have two offensive linemen line up a couple yards in front and off to the side of the bag, roughly where an offensive tackle would line in relation to their quarterback.
- You’ll also need two defensive linemen, lined up overtop and outside of the linemen.
- On the coach’s signal, the defense will explode off the line, with the offensive linemen kicking out to block them.
- The blocker must then maintain the block, preventing the defensive lineman from getting to the dummy before the coach’s whistle.
- After each rep, rotate in new offensive and defensive linemen.
- The offensive lineman needs to focus on maintaining quick feet – the more steps the take, the more control and agility they will have in reacting to the blocker.