Improving catching ability in a variety of situations
- Setup 2 coaches facing each other 10 yards apart, each with several footballs
- Player participating in drill lines up between coaches, facing downfield
- Place a cone 5 yards to the left of the player, with a defensive back playing 2-3 yards downfield off the cone
How it Works
- Coach makes pass to receiver, who catches the ball before quickly spinning 180 degrees to make a 2nd catch from the coach behind him throwing the next pass.
- Player then immediately sprints for the cone, catching a bullet pass from the 1st coach and then cutting downfield at the cone.
- Player must then beat the downfield and receive a pass over the top from the 2nd coach to finish off the rep.
- For maximum effectiveness, this drill needs to be run crisply, with the coaches throwing anticipatory passes to force the receiver to locate the pass quickly and make the catch