To teach players how to run with power and control and finish off runs at the goal line.
- You can have multiple groups running this drill at the same time, or just one. Either way, you’ll need two blocking bags, a football, and 3 players per group.
- The two defenders will stand side by side holding the blocking bags, while the ball carrier begins 3 yards in front of them.
- On the coach’s signal, the ball carrier will explode forward with both hands securing the ball as they pump their feet and burst through the defenders.
- After each rep, rotate one offense to defense so that all players get reps.
- You can have the defenders start down on a knee to really emphasize the need to get low to maintain leverage for the ball carrier.