To improve core strength and conditioning.
- Set up an agility ladder on a flat surface. Or create your own using chalk or tape.
- Player starts at one end holding a medicine ball.
- If you don’t have a medicine ball, a backpack full of laundry is a great substitute!
- Holding the medicine ball above your head, run with high knees from one end of the ladder to the other, turn around, and run back to the start.
- Beginners may want to start using a high knee march instead of a high knee run.
- Drive your knees up so that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- You can also do this drill with a walking lunge or high knee skip.