To develop speed and explosiveness
- Setup a small obstacle, such as a cone or mini-hurdle to jump over.
Jumps to complete over the obstacle include:
- 2 Feet Side to Sides – jump with both feet over the obstacle from one side to the other .
- One Foot Side to Sides – jump from side to side over the obstacle using one foot.
- Front to Back – bring both heels together and jump two-footed over the obstacle going forward and backward.
- 1 Foot Front to Back – jump over the obstacle with one foot going forward and back .
Over and back is one repetition.
Complete 3 sets of 5-10 reps.
- Your goal with this drill should be rapid fire jumps – not big jumps just small quick jumps.
- Pop off the ground, keep your toes pulled up.