To work on movement and footwork in the pocket while keeping the eyes downfield.
- Place 2 hula hoops 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage and 2 yards apart.
- If working out alone, place two garbage cans 10-15 yards down the field on either side to simulate receivers.
- Player will start at LOS with ball in hand, snap and take a 5 step drop, passing in between the hula hoops.
- Player will plant, then hitch up, avoiding an outside pass rush, before shuffling back around to the center of the pocket.
- Once back in the pocket, player will locate their target and make a strong accurate throw.
- If you have a partner, let them cue you on which side the pass rush is coming from, or act as the receiver you need to locate downfield.