To develop a QBs ability to avoid the rush while keeping his eyes downfield.
- Have a QB line up in the center of the field, and the rest of the players form 3 lines in front of the QB, ready to rush on the snap.
- The QB will hike the ball and take a 5 step drop.
- The coach will point to one of the DE queuing him to take off and rush the QB.
- The QB will step up and avoid the rush.
- The coach will repeat until the QB has avoided 3 defenders, completing one rep.
- Make sure to emphasize that the QB keeps both hands on the ball, staying light on his feet.
- Once the QB has the hang of avoiding the rush, add 3 receivers and have the QB throw to one of them after avoiding the rush.