In today’s video blog post, we are looking at a great drill for conditioning and developing good tackling technique! This Tackling Progression drill helps develop good tackling position, rapid footwork, and safe hitting practices.
Tackling Progression Drill
- Players get into a football position, with a wide base, knees bent and butt down.
- Hands are in the holster position.
- Get the chest down on the thigh board.
- rapid foot fire, we want the feet moving in a wide manner, but fast.
- Roll off the front foot
- run the feet high and wide
- siamese the elbows and pinkies
- eyes to the sky
Want more great football tackling drills? Then be sure to check out my Football Drills and Practice Plans series, complete with video demonstrations! And don’t forget to Become a Fan on Facebook, where Iwill be sharing more valuable tackling tips and techniques!