Drill Type:Â Defensive Back Drill
Allows players to become comfortable with attacking a receiver three times in different directions.
- Place 2 players 5 yards apart, facing each other, with one player on the line of scrimmage.
- Working against a receiver, youâ€™re going to work on the weave in that transitionâ€“the three weave position.
- Weâ€™re going to attack the receiver three times in different directions.
- The defensive back will weave three times to maintain his relationship, either inside or outside, wherever he initially started.
- His hips have to stay square. His arms are tight. Everything is rotating backwards.
- The defensive back is reaching and grabbing grass on an angle, all the while maintaining his square and horizontal relationship.