The focus of this drill is to build quickness, short area speed, and agility in change of direction
- Set up four cones in a star pattern. Cones should be 3 yards apart.
1. Spring forward to the midpoint of the cones
2. Shift into a lateral slide, going to the right cone, across to the left cone, then back to center
3. Spring forward to the last cone, plant, and return to the first cone in a backpedal
4. Touching all four cones once is one repetition.
- Stay on the front part of the foot.
- Push the hips, use quick feet
- Use short, quick movements